Programs for Adults
One on One Technology Help
ONE ON ONE TECHNOLOGY TRAINING AVAILABLE
Newton County Public Library is continuing to offer computer and other personal electronic device assistance in the form of FREE on-on-one help sessions each month.
Topics Library staff will assist with are:
· Computer basics (Window 7,8, 10 and iPads)
· Downloading e-books and audiobooks to your device
· How to use an iPad, Kindle, Android device or smart phone
· Setting up e-mail, Facebook, Skype or other account
· Organizing files, photos and music
· Microsoft Office basics
· Using USB flash drives to save personal data
· Researching a topic on the Internet
Things to know when scheduling a One on One:
· Staff members are unable to troubleshoot or repair devices
· The Library is not liable for any damage to customer equipment that may occur during a help session
· Bring any device you need help with along with you, include power cords, or let us know if you wish to use a stationary computer for instruction
· Staff may not be able to provide assistance for all device types, programs or problems
· Appointments are based on staff availability
· Patrons may only book one 30-minute session at a time
Lake Village will host its next help session on Wednesday, February 19th. Please call 219/992-3490 to register for a time slot. Morocco will provide technology support on Friday, February 21st. Patrons may call 219/285-2664 to register for a time slot. Finally, Roselawn Library will host help session on Tuesday, February 18th. Patrons may call 219/345-2010 to register for a time slot. Patrons may also sign up online by clicking on the button below:
Color Zone at Roselawn
Roselawn Library will offer “Color Zone” on Thursday, February 27th from 6 to 8 PM. Drop in to spend a couple of hours with other adults, having fun and expressing your creativity! No experience is necessary.
If you have your own coloring books and materials you are welcome to bring them, but we will have materials available, as well. You may choose your own coloring pages from the variety of images that will be available, and we will provide markers, crayons, or colored pencils. Snacks will be available, and we always have a drawing for a great coloring-related prize!
This program is free and open to those 14 years of age and older. Call 219/345-2010 to register, visit the Roselawn Library, or register online at:
February Book Club - "The Night Circus"
Roselawn Library is hosting book club on Thursday, February 13th and Thursday, February 27th from 10 to 11 AM. Participants will read and discuss Erin Morgenstern’s lush fantasy novel “The Night Circus.” Two star-crossed magicians are pitted against one another in an ethereal circus designed by them and for them to illustrate their skills. The Library will have extra copies available for book club participants to check out.
Pastries and coffee will be available, and this program is free and open to adults.
Space is still available to register for this free book discussion program - visit the Roselawn Library, call 219/345-2010 to register, or register online at:
Join us for an afternoon of fun as we play Bingo! We have all the equipment, and great prizes for adult players. This program is free and open to adults 18 years of age or older. Participants are free to bring in snacks, as well!
Roselawn will offer Bingo! on Thursday, February 20th from 1 to 2:30 PM.
Register by visiting your local library, or call Morocco at 219/285-2664, or Roselawn Library at 219/345-2010. You can register online at: